Saturday, April 24, 2010

Come dance with Me

Come Dance With Me.


My eyes drinking in the sunset-kissed bay, it would be nice for a shoulder to rest my contentedly gazing head upon.


My feet pounding upon the mountain trail, it would be nice to lock grinning eyes and playfully scramble a ridiculous adventure.


My mind fluttering throughout the day, seeing other couples holding hands, hearing details of wedding plans, wondering when my day will come that I am invited to shine as one beloved.


…then my eyes close, and I hear His whisper: I am with you. I am strong for you. I adore you. I painted this for you, beautiful one. Come dance with me.


…then my feet plant firmly upon the summit, and I stare in wide-eyed wonder at the world I’ve toiled to behold. I see His strength upholding the proud mountains, I see His grace in a soaring bird, I see His awesome love flooding the depths of the bay. I see who He is for me.


…then the wings of my mind quit their chaotic activity and sit stilly…and I look upward like a baby bird, wondering again who I am, and who I’m meant to be. I see His face, smiling upon my simple heart. Oh, my beloved, I see you; I know you; I’ve crafted you. Your day will come. Wait, and trust me for the good. Let me polish you to shine, unbelievably radiant, today.


I’ll gaze with Him. I’ll scramble with Him. I’ll dream with Him. I’ll dance with Him.

No comments: